Ideal Footwear: a barefooters perspective
So, what is the ideal shoe from the perspective of a barefooter?
Firstly, let me make it perfectly clear...nothing comes close to the perfection of the foot as-it-is.
With that in mind, here's what you should look for in footwear:
1. Lightweight - we don't need any extra weight.
2. Extremely flexible - don't control my foot thank you.
3. No support - none, we want to get stronger through good form.
4. No cushioning - none, it's not needed (see above).
5. Wide - freedom for feet to be whatever they are...always.
6. Thin-soled - we need to FEEL the ground.
7. Puncture proof - as rarely needed insurance.
8. Durable - long lasting, wear well.
9. Easy on-and-off - please.
10. Portable and easy to stow - so we can travel together.
11. Fairtrade made - thinking about the future.
12. Green - earth safe materials, recyclable, duh.
13. Breathable - so as not to suffocate.
14. Good grip - let us stay upright when things get slippery.
15. Toe articulation - I have toes for a reason.
16. Beautiful - because we never tire of beauty's inspiration.
17. (added 8/8/09) No Stink - a shoe should not smell bad...ever.
What do you think?
Labels: barefoot shoes